The care for your cutting board is very simple.
- Apply edible oil, mineral oil or olive oil on the wood liberally and let it soak into the wood overnight.
- Wipe off any excess oil in the morning.
- Using 150 grit sandpaper, rub the oil in with the sandpaper.
- When you first use the board it may become a little rough in the beginning from the water of washing and cutting.
- Use the sandpaper and oil to get a smooth finish.
- After a week or so the board will get "broken in" and will become nice and smooth.
- Use plenty of oil periodically to keep the moisture out the wood.
- If stained, or finish is slightly rough, use steel wool or light sandpaper, wipe clean and apply oil as above.